The Worcester Mass Homes For Sale Market Report and Statistics
Worcester by far has one of the healthier charts. The multi-family chart would look even better, as those properties are seeing the best run maybe ever. It's staying rational too.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Again, we see transactions and inventories dropping. It's hard to know how much of that is COVID related, or simply demand related, because in this city, unlike some others, the DOM shows things are moving quickly. Note the HSI sets a record, at 250, showing a super competitive market.
What should potential home buyers do in Worcester?
Home buyers still need to move quickly in this market - the demand is outstripping supply, COVID or not. It will be harder to assess traffic levels without any open houses (as few agents are doing them), which makes bidding harder!
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Worcester, MA Homes for Sale
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Worcester!
- Show Me More Worcester Homes Sale Reports
- Reach me to be your Worcester MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Worcester ?
WorcesterHomes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Worcester “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 283 Last Report: 245
- There are 85 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Worcester there have been 678 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 354 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 28 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Worcester.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 67 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged 182 (vs. 175 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 194 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $274,829 .
- Worcester, MA, has 3 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- How will COVID-19 affect Real Estate? Will the coronavirus make it a buyer’s market?