Worcester, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Worcester Homes For Sale Market Report
Many of the recent reports have featured doom and gloom. Not this one!! Prices asked and paid in Worcester march higher.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
There's no mystery as to why. Look at the steady fall of properties on the market. It continues to fall, and the HSI is approaching 250, as the transaction volume is swamping the available supply.
What should potential home buyers do in Worcester?
Home buyers should brace for bid wars and super competitive situations for many properties. They should also be warned that some properties are going to get more then they are worth, as home buyers who are on a timeline out bid others for homes that are high risk, or in risky locations. Don't assume popular is an indicator of fair value.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Worcester, MA Homes for Sale
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Worcester!
- Show Me More Worcester Homes Sale Reports
- Reach me to be your Worcester MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Worcester?
Worcester Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Worcester “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 245 Last Report: 199
- There are 120 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Worcester there have been 778 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 519 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 33 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Worcester.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 70 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $175 (vs. $164 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $174/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $258,396.
- Worcester, MA, has 4 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
An Educated Home Buyer is a Happy Home Owner. Read On!
- Practical steps to declutter your home and have it show it’s best!
- How can I shop for the best interest rate for my mortgage?
- Should I get an adjustable or fixed rate mortgage?
- Have a home? Quick 10 ways to save money!
- Can I win my bid war by dropping contingencies, and should I do that?
- Confused by your Estimated Closing Disclosure with Closing Costs? This can help.
- Upgrading a bath? Handy idea book here with many options to think about!
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.