Westborough, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Westborough Homes For Sale Market Report
Looking at the the sellers asking price line, we see that the seller in Westborough have also reduced their expectations. Home buyers, however, are really digging in, and we are actually seeing a small pullback. As the number of competitive bids has thinned out, that surge in purchase price has quickly stopped.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
In this case, the prices seem to be telling a more meaningful story than the underlying data. The HSI still looks good! But the transactions are falling - reaching lower higher, and lower lows, each year for 3 years. That is what demand softening looks like.
What should potential home buyers do in Westborough?
Home buyers should recognize that things are still good for sellers - under-priced homes will sell quickly - but there is no need to chase overpriced homes - they are unlikely to sell quickly. Most buyers in Westborough are demanding discounts for homes that need work, and sellers are cutting prices to meet their expectations.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Westborough, MA Homes for Sale
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Westborough!
- Is this an old Report? Show Me Updated Westborough Reports and Information
- Reach me to be your Westborough MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Westborough?
Westborough Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Westborough “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 140 Last Report: 169
- There are 45 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Westborough there have been 92 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 71 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 64 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Westborough.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 51 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $226 (vs. $230 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $240/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $547,007.
- Westborough, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?