Upton Housing Market Statistics Overview
Sellers are way ahead of buyers in Upton. With 16 (30% of the market) having listed in just the last 30 days, there's a surge in inventory. Sales haven't kept pace - yet - and so we see a pretty disappointing HSI in Upton in this report: 62. In some of the other towns, this rise in inventory has been offset by coming sales, with Sudbury and Southborough, both further East, showing some strong demand and quick sales. That's much more muted in Upton, which typically can take a little longer to heat up for sellers. We know what that means, Buyers, try Upton! It's a small town, but it might have the right house for you. With all these sellers, and not much competition, it could be the right place to buy now.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
Some might ask: 16 new homes for sale in a month? Is this the dreaded "Shadow Inventory?" coming to Upton? Once again, the answer is no. We see no change in the bank-impacted inventory, with just three homes either a foreclosure or short-sale. As a percentage, that's still too much for my liking (6%) but it's better than much higher numbers, and the foreclosure rate (2%) is within norms.
Upton, MA Housing Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
Upton is being passed over by Home Buyers,
which mean it may be a good time to see what's there.
- There are 53 homes (vs. 31 in the last Upton Real Estate Report) listed as For Sale.
- There have been 27 houses sold (vs. 41) in the last 6 months, and 13 homes sold (vs. 16) in the last 3 months.
- There was an Average Market Time of 127 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 160 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Upton, MA is $144 (vs. $155)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $314,722 for sold homes.
- Upton has 1 properties (vs. 1) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Upton has 2 properties (vs. 2) advertised as short sales required by lender .
- Upton “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 62 Last Report: 80
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Our Most Accessed Posts
- How do I get the seller to pay my closing costs, and is it free money?
- What do I need to know about Radon as a Home Buyer?
- Will Solar Panels add Value to my Home and build Equity?
- Is it a bad idea to buy a house near power lines? Is it safe to buy a house near high tension powerlines?
- How do I buy a home if it has a failed septic?
- Investors can make money on foreclosures - can you?
- Should I buy a home with electric heat? How much will my heating bill be with electric heat?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
Do Good Things Today! Matt Heisler
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.