Homes For Sale in Upton Market Report
Upton was on the cusp of getting swallowed in the market madness last year. But as the economy slowed, so did the activity. Things have been good this year, but there was definitely a pull back from Nov to April or so. Not much, but it's there.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
I don't think sellers have been too affected. They are still asking for high prices - averaging $10 more than the recent sales, and sales are moving quickly now, with 80% of the sale coming in the last 3 months. That's what we've seen elsewhere, and I know it was cold this winter, but the lack of activity from January to March is really a surprise. It's hard to believe so few people were buying houses, but that's what we see.
What should active home buyers do in Upton?
Home buyers should be aware the good values are gone, but there are probably a few motivated sellers out there. So you can be a little choosy, but if you need something fast, you'll have to pay a bit more than the lucky folks who bought a few months ago on weakness.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
What should potential home sellers do in Upton?
Home sellers should be aware the market is improving, but it's hard to know what lies ahead after next month. Will there be another pull back? Is this a push of sustained buying that will last until fall? These are questions we are going to try to answer right here on the blog in the next report. Hopefully, we can!
Upton Recent Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 100 Last Report: 97
- There are 34 homes listed as For Sale.
Looking for new house keys? If you're in a hurry,
you may have to pay a bit more in Upton.
- There have been 47 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 38 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 101 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 110 days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $170 (vs. $174)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $416,570 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
More Great Reads!
- Quick reference guide for buyers and sellers
- Current Massachusetts Smoke Detector Laws Explained. Read -before - you go to the hardware store.
- How do I calculate true mortgage closing costs?
- What should I know before buying a new construction house or condo?
- What exactly is the state of Massachusetts 40B zoning?
- A look at some of the hottest towns to buy real estate in Massachusetts.
- What is a mortgage commitment letter and why is it important?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.