The Upton Mass Homes For Sale Market Report and Statistics
Upton, like Sutton is another small town, and we see a price inversion in the current data. That suggests that buyers are paying up for properties in good condition, but they are letting the homes with issues - condition or otherwise - sit on the market until they drop to a reasonable level. That means the market is getting rational in Upton.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Here in Upton we also see that the transaction trendline is heading down - depsite a big drop in interest rates. Any surge in inventory could soften the market noticably if these trends hold.
What should potential home buyers do in Upton?
Home buyers shouldn't chase properties with a lot of deferered maintenance or cosmetic issues. The market is fairly rational - but still rising.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
- Reach me to be your UPTON MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Upton?
Home sellers will see the best prices in UPton to date, but they shouldn't just list their house - they should prep it for sale, and make sure that the buyers will pay max prices.
Upton Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Upton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 131 Last Report: 121
- There are 17 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Upton there have been 46 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 23 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 37 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Upton.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 86 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $211 (vs. $204 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 211 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $ 440,348 .
- Upton, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- How will COVID-19 affect Real Estate? Will the coronavirus make it a buyer’s market?