Homes For Sale in Upton Market Report
Upton has an interesting report as we head in to March. The real estate market in Upton shows a trifecta of trends that have really slammed the HSI down. Let's see.
Upton's hot market was short-lived, but things still look good for home sellers.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
That sharp drop for the red line is the HSI going from 171 to 97. We also see the number of homes for sale going up (we haven't seen that much) and the number of transactions falling sharply (which we have seen in many of the reports). Does this mean that the Upton real estate market is losing steam?
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
Not so fast - maybe not. Prices have moved sharply higher. A delayed result from the demand spike or a true indicator of the Upton market? Probably a little of both. Upton is right on the edge of where we saw significant price pressures last year. House prices moved up pretty quickly, and we're really seeing no change in that. This report maybe the first indication that prices have moved to a point where things are leveling out a bit in Upton.
I've been saying for sometime that these HSI's need to come back down to earth, and with out the homes on the market in Upton to buy, that is what has happened. Are things really softening? Too soon to say, but I think what we have is things are normalizing.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 97 Last Report: 171
- There are 22 homes listed as For Sale.
Things are still looking pretty snowy out there -
perhaps warmer weather this weekend?
- There have been 41 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 18 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 99 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 132 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $174 (vs. $168)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $420,612 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 0 properties (vs. 0 in the last report) advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Upton has 1 properties (vs. 0) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
More Great Reads!
- Quick reference guide for buyers and sellers
- Thinking of a new kitchen? Here are some popular styles to consider.
- An easy way to save money? LED light bulbs.
- What are the types of foundations we find in housing, and what should I know about them?
- Which is better, 2x4 or 2x6 home construction?
- How do I know if my septic system is failing?
- What is a mortgage commitment letter and why is it important?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
Do Good Things Today! Matt Heisler
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.