Homes For Sale in Upton Market Report
Upton turns in it's best real estate report much like the rest of Metrowest. Last year, Upton was one of my "hidden areas of value", as buyers were looking elsewhere, and prices in Upton stagnated. Unsurprisingly, the value has been found by the market, and Upton is on the move. We've got it all in this report - High levels of sales, only 15 houses for sale in the whole town, shrinking market time on both ends, and of course, rising prices.
The HSI is probably not "truly" 170, but
it's at least 140. Buying pressure on House prices
looks set to continue in 2014.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
As noted yesterday, this report is a little hot b/c some actives will come back on in January - about 5 - but even with that it would still be a record HSI of 140 for Upton. Buyers will
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
still find good deals in Upton - but they are getting less good by the month!!!
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton's “Home Seller Index” (HSI):171 Last Report: 122
- There are 15 homes listed as For Sale in Upton.
Enjoy the Day Off Tomorrow!
- There have been 66 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 29 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 92 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 105 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $168 (vs. $164 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $400,153 for sold homes.
- Upton ,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Upton has 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
More Great Reads!
- Quick reference guide for buyers and sellers
- Which is better, 2x4 or 2x6 home construction?
- What are the types of foundations we find in housing, and what should I know about them?
- How do I get the seller to pay my closing costs, and is it free money?
- An easy way to save money? LED light bulbs.
- How do I prepare for getting ready to buy a house?
- What happens to my credit after a short sale?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
Do Good Things Today! Matt Heisler
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.