The Upton Homes For Sale Market Report
The last report predicted that sellers would start to crowd each other out and prices would fall - but the buyers swooped in and helped out the sellers. A record six month number of sales (52) completely wiped out the houses for sale, leaving us with a tight market for buyers - and a much improved one for sellers.
Prices did seem to ease a bit, but I wouldn't say fall, as it was only $2 a square foot, and that's not too much for just one data point. There were actually fewer
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
homes for sale this time last year, but the sales were decreasing - not increasing - as they are in this report. Sellers should get solid traffic as soon as they get out there this year.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
It's cold outside, but the Upton Real Estate Market
is heating up.
- There are 36 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 52 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 29 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 164 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 187 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Upton is $155 (vs. $157 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $369,488 for sold homes.
- Upton has 2 properties (vs. 1 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Upton has 1 properties (vs. zero) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Upton “Home Seller Index” (HSI):87 Last Report:68
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Our Most Requested Posts
- Read this to take care of your driveways and walkways all year round.
- How do I get the seller to pay my closing costs, and is it free money?
- Do I need to upgrade my home’s steam heat system?
- Should I use a buyer agent to buy a home? How does a buyer agent help me?
- Should I get Flood Insurance even if I’m not in a Flood Zone?
- What is a house with a slab basement?
- Which is better, 2x4 or 2x6 home construction?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
Do Good Things Today! Matt Heisler
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.