Sudbury, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
What interesting about this chart is that asking prices haven't really moved since late 2014. Prices have moved up, slowly, and buyers and sellers are close to agreeing on value. Clearly, sellers are getting less optimistic about future price appreciation.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Here is another town where we suddenly see a spike in inventory. Transactions have moderated a bit, and inventory is up a bit. This is hardly a buyer's market! But we are heading to neutral very quickly. The HSI is only 125, and that is far from the the 200 and 300 that we saw when prices where shooting up. They may grind higher - but they may stay right where they are.
What should potential home buyers do in Sudbury?
Home buyers should be optimistic that only the most under priced homes - or those in the busier (lower) prices ranges in Sudbury, will be attracting outsized attention. I think most homes will be sold without intense bid wars, and many with no wars at all.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SUDBURY!
- Show Me Sudbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get Updated and Click Here
- Reach me to be your SUDBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Sudbury?
Sudbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Sudbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 125 Last Report: 192
- There are 86 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Sudbury there have been 158 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 129 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 78 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Sudbury.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 97 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $263 (vs. $258 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $272/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $828,473.
- Sudbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?