Homes For Sale in Shrewsbury Market Report
Shrewsbury has the highlights that we have seen come in to sharp relief in the past couple of weeks.
-Increasing inventory, but still low
-Steady price action
-Surge of activity in the last 3 months, but very little the first three.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should home buyers do in Shrewsbury ?
Home Buyers should be aggressively pursuing properties if they are going to be popular - but you don't have to reach. Prices are up a little, but not too much, over last year. Most buyers are avoiding bidding wars this year anyway, but most bid wars are only with one other person, which increases your chances of getting that home.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should home sellers do in Shrewsbury ?
Sellers should expect longer, more typical wait times for a good market. And it is still a good market - just not as good as last year. Note also, that the luxury market in Shrewsbury is getting crowded, and may not support all the players.
Shrewsbury Recent Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Shrewsbury ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 117 Last Report: 147
- There are 108 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 204 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 141 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 87 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 121 days of theShrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $192 (vs.$190 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $446,136 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury ,MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts