The Shrewsbury Mass Homes For Sale Market Report and Statistics
Shrewsbury has continued to move prices up, where many towns are treading water.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
However, signs are not all green and pointed up. Here we also see the trendline of transactions (yellow line) trending down. That has been a harbinger of a softening market. There's other signs as well, mostly notably that the HSI is down hitting lower highs. Still very good though.
What should potential home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
Recognize the market is still competitive here. The best homes will still be moving, but there is some evidence that COVID may be having an impact. It's not in this data, but the COVID impacts likely won't be seen for a couple of months.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Shrewsbury?
Home sellers may still want to try this market. With the best prices in history, you can still give it a shot. It really depends on where you think the market will go, and I'm not making any predictions on that yet.
Shrewsbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 187 Last Report: 124
- There are 53 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Shrewsbury there have been 196 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 109 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 49 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Shrewsbury.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 75 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged 232 (vs. 225 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 243 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $ 680,832 .
- Shrewsbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?