The Worcester Homes For Sale Market Report
Regular readers know that the most important report I do is probably Worcester. Far away from the euphoria of the 128 beltloop, we can see what's happening in large, diverse city with a lot of choices for home buyers. Or, used to have a lot of choices! That's not really the case anymore. Prices are holding steady, but sellers are the most optimistic ever.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should potential home buyers do in Worcester?
Home buyers should move fast on any potential properties. There are still choices, but the competition is especially fierce, and with the number of homes for sale at a record low, isn't going to get any better. Prices look to be headed up this spring for sure.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Worcester, MA Homes for Sale
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Worcester!
- Show Me More Worcester Homes Sale Reports
- Reach me to be your Worcester MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Worcester?
Home sellers will find strong demand in almost all areas. Homes are still selling faster than they can be put on the market, pressure continues to build on home buyers. The rules are still the same - get your home ready for sale - but you will find plenty of traffic, and homes in good condition will gets out sized attention.
Worcester Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Worcester “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 185 Last Report: 157
- There are 161 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 755 houses sold, and 411 homes sold in the last 3 months in Worcester.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 44 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 96 days of the Worcester homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $142 ($143 vs. in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $150 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $218,705 .
- Worcester, MA, has X properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are x properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- What is a pre-foreclosure house and how can I buy one?
- What should the humidity in my home be to prevent mold and mildew and other moisture issues?
- How can I reduce the risk of a failed title V and take care of my septic system?
- Landlords in Mass need to know the security deposit law - read here for an overview and stay out of court!
- Can I win my bid war by dropping contingencies, and should I do that?
- Prices and assessments are up! Do you need to file an abatement?
- A summary of some palette collections that you may want to peruse to get your home looking fresh and modern!
About Matt HeislerMatt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.