The Worcester Homes For Sale Market Report
Let the good times roll in Worcester! Lack of inventory is pushing the seller's market up, and prices have been moving up quickly, as buyers charge in to one of the cheaper markets in the area.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Home seller expectations haven't risen too quickly either. They are still within striking distance of where the buyers are at.
What should potential home buyers do in Worcester ?
Worcester isn't showing signs of topping out. Properties are still moving quickly, and this market has some of the least amount of distressed property that we've seen since we've been tracking. That means deep deals aren't out there, but you can get competitive properties. The best will go quickly! So know which neighborhoods you want and focus on them aggressively to learn your price points.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Worcester, MA Homes for Sale
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Worcester!
- Show Me More Worcester Homes Sale Reports
- Reach me to be your Worcester MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Worcester ?
Worcester Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Worcester “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 199 Last Report: 186
- There are 164 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Worcester there have been 860 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 442 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 37 days for recently SOLD homes In Worcester .
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 97 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged 164 (vs. 146 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 166 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $253,610
- Worcester , MA, has 12 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 4 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- What are the true dangers lurking in my house? How Dangerous are they?
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Looking for great staging tips? Here are some to help you sell, or just make your home look great!
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.