The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
OK! This is a really cool price chart. Look how in the last report, the buyers and sellers were far apart. Home Sellers wanted steep increases over what fall prices were, and buyers had pulled back a bit. The spring, however, changes everyone's motivation. Sellers came down, and buyers came up, and as a result there was a flurry of transactions. However, it's not all flowers and chocolate. Let's look at the underlying data to see why.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The first think I notice is that the number of homes for sale is up SHARPLY. In the last four years, we've only seen this amount of homes twice - in July of 15 and July of 2013. Maybe July is a bad month for Sudbury! But it's up. Also, the number of transactions didn't climb to 200 - which has been a pretty consistent peak. What I don't see are a lot of price pressures - so I'd expect prices to pull back this fall in Sudbury.
What should potential home buyers do in Sudbury?
You can probably drive a hard bargain on some homes. The average home has been on the market for 6 months- and those sellers are motivated and looking for deals to get done. If your target home is sitting, push for concessions.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SUDBURY!
- Show Me Sudbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get Updated and Click Here
- Reach me to be your SUDBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Sudbury?
Home sellers should see the market isn't quite as empty as it was. Don't get careless and assume that your house will sell even if you don't do the little things. The market looks price sensitive to me, and picky. Do the work, and price it right.
Sudbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Sudbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 161 Last Report: 158
- There are 80 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Sudbury there have been 169 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 126 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 39 days for recently SOLD homes In Sudbury.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 141 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $267 (vs. $151 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 265 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $791,621 .
- Sudbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.