The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Shrewsbury home sellers came down to meet the market - some more forcibly than others - as there were a lot of appraisal issues this spring in Shrewsbury. Demand was strong, but rational - as buyers demanded fair prices for properties with problems. Right now, buyers and sellers remain close in expectations, and inventory is starting to move off the lows.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
Active home buyers are going to find a competitive market, where the best properties sell quickly and there are often multiple bidders. Properties with lot issues, or condition issues are not moving as quickly. The market is very good though, and buyers need to make decisions fast, and be aware of the price levels in their segment.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Shrewsbury ?
Home sellers don't have to work hard for a lot of traffic. If they reach too far above established price levels, they will find a sharp drop off in activity - and may find price changes are needed sooner rather than later. Currently, home sellers have been on an average of 121 days - a long time in a hot market - showing that the sellers that have not sold are pretty stubborn, and are choosing to wait for the market to come up, instead of moving prices down to where the buyers want to be.
Shrewsbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 179 Last Report: 165
- There are 99 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 287 houses sold, and 215 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 42 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 121 days of the Shrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 206 (vs. 205 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 213 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $458,925 .
- Shrewsbury , MA, has 3 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.