The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Shrewsbury prices continue to nudge up, and the HSI is higher - but will this be as good a year as last year for Shrewsbury? That's less clear....
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
We see transaction volume climbing, and inventory at lows, but the secondary data is not as optimistic. Homes are sitting longer - both for sales and homes that are still listed - and prices are stalling. Right now, the HSI is really high as the inventory is at all time lows, but if there's some inventory, we might see Shrewsbury actually cool off a bit. The inventory is really low - so that argues for a strong spring, but if homes come on, and there are choices, buyers are already showing patience, and may show more resistance if there are options.
What should potential home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
Home buyers should be aware Shrewsbury is at a top, and some early listings may go fast. If you want Shrewsbury, you can't be too picky - things could continue to march higher - but if you have time to look, it may make sense to keep an eye on Northborough and Westborough - which are similar in price and location - so see if the market there is softening.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Shrewsbury?
As a home seller, I would try to be early to this market. With so little inventory, buyers are going to be getting impatient, they may find themselves chasing your house and moving the price up further than you can get later.
Shrewsbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury“Home Seller Index” (HSI): 223 Last Report:179
- There are 45 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 245 houses sold, and 129 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 58 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 162 days of the Shrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $209 (vs. $206 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 214 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $443,058 .
- Shrewsbury, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.