The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
I though I might see a big buildup in home inventory in Shrewsbury - that's what it feels like - but no, they've just sorta reverted to more tight levels, as opposed to crazy tight. As a result, prices have continued to grind higher. Sellers are just sorta riding the edge.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
When we look at the detail data, we see the drop in the HSI, back down to where it was last year, but still above where's it's been much of this recovery. Demand continues to outpace supply, consistently.
What should potential home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
I see some signs that things are loosening up - but don't kid yourself, there's still a lot of buyers. Neighborhood homes are under the most pressure, so just be careful to know what you value and don't shoot the moon for a home full of issues.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Shrewsbury?
Things are still easy for home sellers. Although there's more than a few that are having trouble selling, mostly because they are either badly marketed, or just are at prices that won't work. Don't be that guy! Having your house on the market for 6 months is no fun - and there's no need for that in Shrewsbury.
Shrewsbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI):187 Last Report:223
- There are 76 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Shrewsbury there have been 235 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 171 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 40 days for recently SOLD homes In Shrewsbury.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 113 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $210 (vs. $209 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 219 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $449,596 .
- Shrewsbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
An Educated Home Buyer is a Happy Home Owner. Read On!
- What is a pre-foreclosure house and how can I buy one?
- What should the humidity in my home be to prevent mold and mildew and other moisture issues?
- How can I reduce the risk of a failed title V and take care of my septic system?
- Have a home? Quick 10 ways to save money!
- Can I win my bid war by dropping contingencies, and should I do that?
- Prices and assessments are up! Do you need to file an abatement?
- When you sign your offer, you’re promising a lot of things unless you legally exclude them. Don’t get surprised!
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.