The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
I though I might see a big buildup in home inventory in Shrewsbury - that's what it feels like - but no, they've just sorta reverted to more tight levels, as opposed to crazy tight. As a result, prices have continued to grind higher. Sellers are just sorta riding the edge.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
When we look at the detail data, we see the drop in the HSI, back down to where it was last year, but still above where's it's been much of this recovery. Demand continues to outpace supply, consistently.
What should potential home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
I see some signs that things are loosening up - but don't kid yourself, there's still a lot of buyers. Neighborhood homes are under the most pressure, so just be careful to know what you value and don't shoot the moon for a home full of issues.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Shrewsbury?
Things are still easy for home sellers. Although there's more than a few that are having trouble selling, mostly because they are either badly marketed, or just are at prices that won't work. Don't be that guy! Having your house on the market for 6 months is no fun - and there's no need for that in Shrewsbury.
Shrewsbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI):187 Last Report:223
- There are 76 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Shrewsbury there have been 235 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 171 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 40 days for recently SOLD homes In Shrewsbury.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 113 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $210 (vs. $209 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 219 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $449,596 .
- Shrewsbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.