The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
The Medfield market has cooled off -slightly- but the building inventory and slowing sales has a lot to do with buyer's reluctance to push prices higher. Seller's meanwhile are asking well above market.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should potential home buyers do in Medfield?
Ugh. Most homes are way above where they should be - which is why many are not buying them. Know what HAS sold. The current crop of homes are largely overpriced, and will confuse your brain as to where the recent price-level is. Most buyers are looking at multiple towns, but for those only looking in Medfield, you could get confused. With average sales at $265 - and asking prices at $331 - there's a big gap between what buyers will pay, and what sellers want. Don't count on your appraiser to fix the the problem! That's always a mess, even if they catch it.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Medfield!
- Is this an old report? Get Updated!
- Show Me Medfield, MA Homes for Sale
- Reach me to be your Medfield MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Medfield?
Home sellers have a chance to thread the needle. Ask a lot vs. past sales, but less than the current homes. Some buyers may percieve your home as a relative value - and pay top dollar. It's a tricky wicket, but this is the setup to try it.
Medfield Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Medfield “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 203 Last Report: 229
- There are 30 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 121 houses sold, and 47 homes sold in the last 3 months in Medfield.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 39 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 81 days of the Medfield homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $265 ( $266 vs. in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $331 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $718,608.
- Medfield, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.