The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
As we move through the reports, we are seeing a number of similarities in the charts. Here's the pricing chart in Medfield, and on this chart we can see that Home Prices are about the same as they were 2 years ago. Medfield is an expensive town, and the affordability has put a cap on prices. Sellers were asking well over $320/ sq foot just a few months ago, and have been very optimistic for a year plus. But home buyers aren't going crazy, they are staying at a point that they think works.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
We can really see some of the inner workings here. It is May, but we're seeing a sharp uprise in active properties, and a sharp decrease in the HSI. Listen, the HSI is still in the 170's - the sky isn't falling - but if you think the real estate market is going to keep going straight up, this chart and data - going a year back - shows that there are some real resistance areas popping up, and things probably are going to go up far slower from this point on.
What should potential home buyers do in Medfield?
I think home buyers in Medfield have been smart and rational - they are clearly shopping multiple towns and and finding the best value proposition, while by and large, staying out of price wars and crazy over bidding. That stuff is happening - but not on every house - and the buyers commitment to price levels is evidence.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Medfield!
- Is this an old report? Get Updated!
- Show Me Medfield, MA Homes for Sale
- Reach me to be your Medfield MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Medfield?
Medfield Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Medfield “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 170 Last Report: 203
- There are 49 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Medfield there have been 102 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 74 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 35 days for recently SOLD homes In Medfield.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 70 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $277 (vs. $265 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $307 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $693,375 .
- Medfield, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.