The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
Like a number of early moving, more expensive towns, Medfield is - well - less exciting than some of the developments that we're seeing further West. Once affordability becomes an issue, people move West. What this price chart shows is that prices around $275 a square foot really start limiting how much further you can go up. Sure, Medfield has climbed, but it's only up about 9% in 3 years - just 3% appreciation.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
That doesn't mean things are gloomy. Like everywhere else, home inventories are thin, even at the high prices that Medfield is getting. The HSI is very high, and things are still great for sellers. Sellers are showing more patience to get those prices too - current actives are averaging 116 days on market, which is really high for this market.
What should potential home buyers do in Medfield?
Home buyers should make sure what they want is possible in Medfield. There's not much to buy, or research, so don't spend 12 months looking for a unicorn house - a mythical combination of size, price, and condition.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Medfield!
- Is this an old report? Get Updated!
- Show Me Medfield, MA Homes for Sale
- Reach me to be your Medfield MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Medfield?
Clean it up, get it staged, and fix the things that need fixing. Yes, contractors are expensive, but at $275 a square foot, your house needs to show well, and you'll get that money back in spades.
MedfieldHomes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Medfield “Home Seller Index” (HSI):228 Last Report:199
- There are 24 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Medfield there have been 123 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 61 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 45 days for recently SOLD homes In Medfield.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 116 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged 285 (vs. 281 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 312 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $770,258 .
- Medfield, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.