The Framingham Homes For Sale Market Report
Framingham checks in. What a ride it has been. From the bottom, prices are up 40% in Framingham. Towns west of Framingham have not done so well, not at all. At this point, one does need to wonder - does what goes up come down? Is this a seminal change in the pecking order of Metrowest? I'm not sure, but I do think with HSI repeatedly over 300 that Framingham is overheated. Will we see a 10% downturn when things get cold? That might be possible too. We'll have to wait on that one though.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should potential home buyers do in Framingham ?
Right now, it doesn't matter much. What's on the market sells, and it sells fast. Really, buyers, in their quest to stay close to Boston and 128, are doing this to themselves. A lack of affordability inside the 128 Belt makes Framingham look cheap, even at these levels. With no inventory build, and constant pressure, things are going up in Framingham.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Framingham!
- Is this an OLD report? Get updated!
- Reach me to be your Framingham MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Framingham ?
I'd recommend that you'd sell, and move further West. This is a great time to downsize if you're in Framingham, where you can capture a historical premium relative to the other towns in Worcester county. This is a rare opportunity!
Framingham Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Framingham “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 369 Last Report:330
- There are 70 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Framingham there have been 478 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 262 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 18 days for recently SOLD homes In Framingham.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 66 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $ 247 (vs. 233 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 247 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $ 263 .
- Framingham , MA, has 4 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.