The Westborough Homes For Sale Market Report
Here's an odd report. Westborough has seen prices pull all the way back to March of last year. The fact that prices have pulled back is not strange, what is strange is that there are only 29 homes for sale in Westborough, and that should be pushing prices up - not down. Home sellers though, are listing lower, and cutting prices to get closer to where the buyers want to be.
Although there are almost no homes for sale in Westborough,
home buyers have driven prices down.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
This has been a good gambit for the home buyers, but it won't last!
What should active home buyers do in Westborough?
Although it's unlikely you'll find anything, you should buy it now! And if new listings come on about where the existing inventory is (not a "reach price"), than buy that. Prices are headed higher, and we'll see that in the next report, or I'll buy you a donut.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Westborough?
I think home sellers should be confident that this pull back in prices isn't anything lasting. There's nada out there in most price ranges, and many home buyers will be coming to your open houses. If you're worried about traffic - give me a shout! - and I'll show you how we bring em in!
The declining number of homes for sale suggest that the pull back in
home prices is temporary. I smell bid wars!
Westborough Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Westborough “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 146 Last Report:130
- There are 29 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 102 houses sold, and 55 homes sold in the last 3 months in Westborough.
Spring flowers may not be here, but Spring
home buyers are.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 60 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 136 days of the Westborough homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $197 ( $211 vs. in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 210 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $474,760 .
- Westborough, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts