The Upton Homes For Sale Market Report
Checking in with one of the hidden jewels of 495, we turn our attention to the home prices in Upton. Future sellers will be pleased:
Home Prices are up - but home seller expectations are up even more.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Prices are up, almost near the peak that we tracked. Sellers, however, are showing even more optimism, by averaging over 15% higher than recent paid prices. What does that mean for our market constituents?
What should active home buyers do in Upton?
Home buyers should recognize that most homes (and there are not many) are priced in advance of the market. Many of these homes will come down in price (Not sure which ones? Call a pro!). Some homes in this market won't even appraise they are priced so rich. Buyers for the most part will have to wait things out, for either new inventory from more motivated buyers, or sellers to start slashing.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
- Reach me to be your UPTON MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Upton?
Future home sellers (and current ones) should target prices about 5% ahead of where the past sales are. You'll look like a discount to the market - but in fact you'll be getting premium prices. Getting the price right is very important, but you could gain a nice premium by doing so. 5% might not sound like much, but on 400K, it's 10K - and I would take an extra 10 grand if someone offered it to me!
The Home Seller Index has been above 98 for almost two years, and has been strong in 2015.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- Upton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 132 Last Report: 116
- There are 31 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 82 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 57 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
Home Sellers are asking SCARY prices
in Upton. Home buyers are likely
to be frightened off.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 46 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 98 days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $172 (vs. $165 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $208 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $442,193 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.