The Upton Homes For Sale Market Report
Upton checks in with only 13 homes on the market. Such a small data set means I need to adjust one of the metrics I follow. Not necessarily something I like to do, but in the interest of posterity, I thought it was the best option. But before we look at that, lets take a look at the chart.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Not surprisingly, Upton is at a new low for homes on the market. Too low!! Prices have some room to run, I would think, before the spring is over. Remember, Northborough, Grafton, Upton and several other towns are on my value list, and I expect prices to move this spring in all these towns, and perhaps even sharply up.
What should active home buyers do in Upton?
Ugh, we've said this before, but your best option is to probably wait till the spring inventory hits the market. Expand your search area, if possible, but there's virtually no comparison shopping here in Upton.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
- Reach me to be your UPTON MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Upton ?
If you've got a house that might move quickly, and you're in a price range without competition, let's get ready to move! Many buyers won't be reading this blog, and they'll be all too willing to pay a sharp premium over last years prices. Taking advantage of the market imbalance could be a great way to pay for your moving expenses! An HSI of 151 is very strong - smart sellers will take advantage.
Special note, the asking price in Upton is actually $221/ sq foot. But that's due to one property asking $550 a square foot, as it has multiple lots, and a small house. If you take that property out, the remaining 12 are at 182, which is a more representative measure of Upton home seller optimism. It's a small data set, one outlier has a big effect.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 151 Last Report: 91
- There are 13 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 48 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 30 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
The stage is set for prices to move up in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 99 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 227 days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $161 (vs. $169 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 182 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $362,564 for sold homes.
- Upton,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts