The Upton Homes For Sale Market Report
Checking in to Upton, we see that Upton, like lots of places, is seeing an increase in inventory over last year. Unlike a lot of places, Upton really hasn't see the price appreciation that other places have. Translation: There are still good deals in Upton, but you need to be very careful! Why? Well it has to do with the metric I've been collecting over the past months. We'll get to that in the second chart.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Upton ?
If you look at the chart below, $/sq foot has remained steady at about $170/sq foot. But the red line shows what the average seller is expecting - and that has risen sharply. Basically, looking at the two charts, we see that buyers have been smart about purchasing the value properties, while the more expensive properties have not sold. This doesn't mean every house on the market is too high - but it suggests that many of them are too high in price - and that buyers choosing "best available" could be paying a premium over buyers in the recent past. It's worth noting that the gap between expectations and sale prices is among the highest I've seen in the short time I've been collecting the metric.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
- Reach me to be your UPTON MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Upton ?
Many sellers are too high right now, but buyers are moving on properties priced fairly. Don't reach for a price, and you'll be rewarded with a short sales cycle (just 55 days in Upton) as buyers remain motivated.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 91 Last Report: 100
- There are 36 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 62 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 28 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 55 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 163 days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $169 (vs. $170)
- Current sellers are looking for $196 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $385,291 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 3 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Most Googled Postings!!
- Quick reference guide for buyers and sellers
- Current Massachusetts Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Laws Explained. Read -before - you go to the hardware store.
- How do I calculate true mortgage closing costs?
- How can a 203K help me purchase a home that needs work?
- How do Home Property Assessments Relate to Real Estate prices? Should I use them for a valuation?
- A look at some of the most expensive towns to buy real estate in Massachusetts.
- What is a mortgage commitment letter and why is it important?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.