The Sutton Homes For Sale Market Report
The Sutton real estate market is staying relatively firm - but it doesn't really look like the price pressure are increasing. This is a little different than many of the other towns we're looking at, but it may be that Northbridge has too much new construction and is stealing buyers - and keeping prices lower than they might otherwise be.
Home Prices have pulled back from the peak in 14, and asking prices have fallen
as well over the same period.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Sutton is a Worcester suburb, and as we've seen, they tend to recover later than towns further east. But this "cooling off" has lasted over a year, and while it hasn't been dramatic, it's lasted longer than we've seen elsewhere.
What should active home buyers do in Sutton?
Home buyers won't find much selection - but prices are stable, and only newer listings are getting a lot of attention. Buyers have been able to drive tougher deals, and sellers have reluctantly taken them. That looks to continue, unless the number of home buyers dramatically increases this spring.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sutton?
Home Sellers should recoginze it takes a little more elbow grease to get that home out the door at a top price. Buyers are being patient and picky, so make sure your house isn't a maybe - do what you can to get it into the definitely column.
The HSI, transactions, and listings are all down, as home buyers retrench in Sutton.
Sutton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Sutton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 107 Last Report: 123
- There are 36 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 55 houses sold, and 31 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sutton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 72 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 145 days of the Sutton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $169 (vs. $172 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 188 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $362,544 .
- Sutton, MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts