The Sutton Homes For Sale Market Report
Sutton home sellers remain optimistic, as they continue to hold on to prices that are well above the current sales volume. They are over 5% above the current sale prices, which is a lot, and certainly qualifies as optimistic. Should they be?
Home sellers are holding out, and home buyers are coming up to meet them - at least
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Well, in our detail chart, we see that transactions have been steadily increasing. Moving from about the mid forties, they are well into the 80's. As more home sellers have success, more home sellers think they will be successful, and there has been a significant rise in the number of homes coming on the market, but not enough to push inventory levels up. Yes, sellers should be optimistic, things are good for home sellers in Sutton.
Rising transaction (yellow line) means faster inventory turns, and more pressure
on the best homes for sale.
What should active home buyers do in Sutton ?
Be careful of much of the inventory - it's priced too high! but many of these sellers have been sitting around, so you can be their white knight and make offers to get them down to where they should be - and get a fine house in the process. Just make sure you're clear of the value of the property - understand the risks!
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sutton?
Home sellers are seeing prices near their highs of last year. Not quite there yet though. Prices could continue to improve into next year, especially as it looks to me like the buyers are starting to really push on the inventory. How do I know? The days on market for Sutton has dropped from 150 days (yeck!) to around 50-60 now for the past year. The next level is sub 45, which is hard to get to, but will definitely result in a push on prices. Even at this level, buyers are showing more willingness to move quickly, and that will probably continue in to next year.
Sutton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Sutton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):123 Last Report: 133
- There are 50 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 88 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 55 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sutton.
Fall is here. Enjoy the leaves while they are still
on the trees.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 62 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 113 days of the Sutton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $172 (vs. $166 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 191 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $393,279 for sold homes.
- Sutton, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.