The Sutton Homes For Sale Market Report
The Sutton market remains strong, but we see here also a normalization of the number of homes for sale. There are a lot of new sellers - and they aren't being shy about asking prices, with a 15% premium over the sales we know about so far. Should be interesting to see how the July sales close that gap.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here.
The big surprise in all these reports is about 80 of the transactions were in the last 3 months. I can't ever remember that happening before. It was a short, very active spring. But things have settled out a lot.
What should active home buyers do in Sutton ?
Home buyers in Sutton will have some choices - more than usual anyway - but the prices on these homes will be higher. With the average home seller only on the market for 100 days, their motivation to start cutting prices hasn't really kicked in yet. Time will tell if the home sellers cut prices or withdraw. Buyers should be patient, or at least drive some hard(er) bargains. There won't be any fire sales in Sutton, but there will be some sellers more motivated than others.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sutton ?
Home sellers need to re-evaluate their prices and make sure they are in-line with recent sales. Many of the current ones are asking too much, and new entrants will likely undercut your current prices. The market is good - but the buyers aren't chasing properties yet, and likely won't this summer.
Sutton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Sutton ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):133 Last Report: 132
- There are 43 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 82 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 63 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sutton .
- The Average number of Days on Market was 61 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 105 days of the Sutton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $166 (vs. $170 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 191 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $412,630 for sold homes.
- Sutton, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.