The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Sudbury looks good for home sellers. The number of homes for sale is a little better this year than years past at this time, but only by a few houses, so it's not much to get excited about for home buyers.
Home Buyers have succeeded in paying less this winter,
but Home Sellers want to get paid more this spring.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Active home sellers are following the pattern that we've seen in several towns, where sellers are asking higher and higher prices - and hoping the buyers come up to meet them. Buyers, however, have taken the opposite tack - trying to wait out the sellers and home they cut prices before the buyers have to pull the trigger.
What should active home buyers do in Sudbury ?
Be cautious and know your comparables! With recent sales in the $240s, but asking prices in the $270s, that's over a 10 percent premium that is built in to many houses that the last buyer didn't pay. Are all homes too expensive? NO! But you need to determine which are - and which aren't.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sudbury ?
Home Sellers should take advantage of the low inventory - and lack of snow - and get out to the market early. Buyers are already swarming open houses, and bidding up homes that are in good shape, good locations, and priced right.
Home Inventories are down, and price pressures will stay in place until there
are more homes for sale.
Sudbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Sudbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 142 Last Report: 164
- There are 56 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 117 houses sold, and 54 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sudbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 44 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 164 days of the Sudbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $247 (vs. $249 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 271 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $729,356 .
- Sudbury , MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs