The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
There are a lot of similarities in the Sudbury report to the Southborough report, which we just looked at. Sudbury just set a record for HSI, and for transaction volume for a six month period. It's also never been overheated, like Hopkinton, Natick, and Framingham - but it certainly got close last spring, as there was a good pull back in prices before recovering.
Home sellers are cutting prices to get where the buyers are willing
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Sudbury?
Sudbury home buyers will see rational prices. In the chart above, you can see that the home sellers, on average, are asking too much, but they have been moving the asking prices down to meet the market. Home buyers in Sudbury have been leery - and sensitive to - homes that they feel are overpriced, and you can see that in the data that shows that the homes on too high are sitting around 3x as long to get sold. In the hotter markets, we don't see that, as buyers are willing to chase prices. Having said all of that, if you're looking for Metrowest bargains, you won't find them in Sudbury. With prices town-wide nearing $250 a square foot, things are very pricey, especially when looking around at certain neighbors to the West. That works out to an average sales price of about 780,000, - average - so you won't find very much under $500K in Sudbury.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sudbury?
Home sellers are looking at a market that is tight now, and could be tighter in the spring. Maybe tight enough to push prices up further. But we warned, the market in Sudbury is top heavy. Half the market is above 900K, so if you're in that part of the market, you will need to be priced competitively, as a lot of your neighbors are looking to sell too.
A record for the HSI means good things for home sellers. Inventory of homes for sale
Sudbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Sudbury‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):164 Last Report: 156
- There are 74 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 201 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 108 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sudbury.
The prices are a bit scary for home buyers in
Sudbury, but home sellers will find them well
- The Average number of Days on Market was 43 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 122 days of the Sudbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $249 (vs. $253 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 262 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $779,383 for sold homes.
- Sudbury, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.