The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Lack of inventory impacts Sudbury sales in this report. Note the yellow line falling sharply, and the green line nearly matches the low we saw last year at this time. No houses for sale means no houses to buy, and that reduces the number of transactions. But there are other signs that the market is cooling, let's look at them.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Prices paid by buyers is down a bit, and has fallen all the way back to last years rates. Properties are sitting around longer too. Not much, but you can see it.
What should active home buyers do in Sudbury ?
Like I've mentioned like a broken record, wait! Seller's are eagerly anticipating a brisk spring, as you can see the as prices have moved up noticeably in this report. Even though prices are down, expectations are up. If the sellers come on all at once, it could be a feeding frenzy - or it could be a lot of nothing. All depends on how "pricy" they come on, and what the buyers are willing to do this season.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sudbury ?
With inventory near record lows, your home will get lots of attention and be well received. But if you need your yard to show well, or have a pool, I'd probably wait a bit. Timing the market exactly this spring won't be easy, but the buyers will come back when it warms up, and most sellers will come on when the snow receeds. Somewhere in there is going to be a good time. The best time though may be June, when fatigued and desperate buyers will pay top dollar just to stop looking.
Sudbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Sudbury ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 129 Last Report: 154
- There are 45 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 108 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 64 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sudbury .
- The Average number of Days on Market was 80 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 155 days of the Sudbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $239 (vs. $246 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 273 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $772,537 for sold homes.
- Sudbury ,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts