The Sudbury Homes For Sale Market Report
The run in Sudbury may be coming to an end, but it was a heck of a run. Let's look at the warning signs.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
You won't find the weakness in the HSI, that's actually up. But we've reached a tipping point in sales (they are slowing down) and the seller's are asking very high home prices from the current effective sales rate - almost 10% above where the recent closings are.
Significantly higher prices usually will stall a market advance, and that's what's in store here. If buyers keep the pressure on, expect to see higher prices in Sudbury, but I think a pull back in sales volume is more likely.
What should active home buyers do in Sudbury?
Well, you'll have to wait it out from here. The value properties are few and far between at this point. You are at great risk of overpaying by shopping in Sudbury right now.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Sudbury?
It's probably not a great time to list - but if you do - list closer to where the sale prices are - not the actives. You'll be perceived as a value, and with homes selling in an average of 46 days, you could move quickly, even this time of year.
Sudbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Sudbury‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 154 Last Report: 144
- There are 74 homes listed as For Sale.
Home Sellers have moved their expectations
sky-high, it's not clear the market will meet them.
- There have been 191 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 90 homes sold in the last 3 months in Sudbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 46 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 125 days of theSudbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $246 (vs. $251 )
- Current sellers are looking for $263/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $767273 for sold homes.
- Sudbury,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts