The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Shrewsbury has been a very consistent market performer for several years now. Although asking prices spiked last year at this time, this years asking prices - while still moving away from the buyers - are more modest. Buyers used a quieter fall to claw back some of the increases on prices, but things will probably start moving up and to the right soon.
Home buyers and Home Sellers haven't always been on the same page
for prices, but home buyers keep moving up each year.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Inventory, the homes for sale, is at a low, but Shrewsbury has consistently been very low in February, before things loosen up for the spring. This time, though, things are tight everywhere - I wonder if there will be more or fewer listings than last year, and how buyers might respond.
What should active home buyers do in Shrewsbury ?
Home buyers need to be patient - until the right home comes on. There's a back log of house hunters out there, and the good houses will be moving very quickly this spring. Not sure how the snow factors in this week, but it will probably delay - even further - new inventory, which is not good for the buyers.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Shrewsbury ?
Home sellers in Shrewsbury look to have another great season in front of them. Based on these numbers, homes will be moving - and quickly - as they have in the season of recent past. If sellers want to spark bidding wars, get that home looking its finest right from the get go - as that when you'll get 80% of your traffic in the first month.
The number of homes for sale is near the low, but the last three Februaries show the same
Shrewsbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 165 Last Report: 163
- There are 66 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 214 houses sold, and 109 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 53 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 179 days of the Shrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $205 (vs. $208 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $220 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $432,543 .
- Shrewsbury , MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I be pre-approved or pre-qualified for a home before I start looking seriously?
- What should I know about forced hot water heating systems in a home?
- Investors need to be smart about avoiding capital gains - here’s some tips to do that.
- TRID is here. What is it and what do I need to know?
- Updated summary report on the most expensive towns in Metrowest.
- Cleaning up? Here’s a cool list to stay organized all year long!
- How Do I buy a short sale house that is still owned by the seller?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.