The SHREWSBURY Homes For Sale Market Report
The story in Shrewsbury is one of optimism - and then realism. Home sellers were asking prices that were out of whack in February, but as the year wore on, prices came down, and they got close enough where buyers pushed home sale transaction near an all time high. The chart:
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in SHREWSBURY ?
Prices are where they should be now, and there are some value and still some overpriced homes in Shrewsbury. There are choices though -as the number of homes for sale has been rising off the lows seen in February. Some caution is warranted though, because Shresbury - at $208/sq foot - isn't all that cheap. I like Northborough prices better.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in SHREWSBURY ?
The chart below is very illuminating for sellers. I had many, many sellers tell me it's OK that there house is overpriced, because they only need one home buyer to like the price. But with the amount of information out there, home buyers are a lot more likely to just NOT buy, and switch towns or just wait it out. Buyers held their ground, and mostly were validated. In February, the average home seller was asking 20% more than the past sale price. *wow*. Now, they are only asking 2%, as asking prices have fallen 15%. Buyers did come up - a little - but hardly outside of seasonal norms.
SHREWSBURY Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- SHREWSBURY ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 163 Last Report: 150
- There are 119 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 286 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 187 homes sold in the last 3 months in SHREWSBURY .
- The Average number of Days on Market was 41 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 108 days of the SHREWSBURY homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $208 (vs. 199 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $212 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $451,187 for sold homes.
- SHREWSBURY , MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.