The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Oh, the difference a few months can make. If you just look at the HSI, well, it's off a bit. But the changes in the Shrewsbury market are significant.
How so? Well let's see.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Let's start with inventory. The number of homes for sale has doubled. Now, one could argue that it had nowhere to go but up, and in a large part that is true. Sales in the last 3 months though doubled. Things have been very busy. Looking at the pricing, there is a big gap for the remaining homes to the prices where the buyers are paying. Buyers moved back up to where they were last year - but no higher. Sellers have started to come down to adjust, but they are still quite high, it's quite a gap. The homes that are for sale are much different though - the time on market has dropped by half, so many sellers remain optimistic.
What should active home buyers do in Shrewsbury ?
Well, you have some choices - but be careful! Many of the homes left will be looking for buyers in the coming months, and buyers may be in the drivers seat going forward. Homes are still coming on, but if the seasonal slow down starts soon, sellers are going to have to cut prices.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Shrewsbury ?
Home sellers in Shrewsbury should be careful about pricing. Know your competition, and this is probably not the time to reach for a price. Transaction volume has been good, but if the number of homes for sale continues to build, sellers will have to cut prices to attract traffic.
Shrewsbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Shrewsbury ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):150 Last Report: 137
- There are 109 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 232 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 173 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 48 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 98 days of the Shrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 198 (vs. 192 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 218 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $447,616 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury ,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.