The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Shrewsbury and Northborough look quite similar, as one would expect, as they often trade buyers. Prices up modestly - but significantly. There are some differences though.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
To me, the difference is that the Shrewsbury market is a bit hotter - with an HSI at 157 - but not for long, as sellers are asking far above trading value - about 7% - meaning that things could slow down from here.
What should active home buyers do in Shrewsbury?
Be careful - the market has had a nice run here, but many houses on the market are expensive relative to the last few months sales. Try not to be time-sensitive in Shrewsbury. Or look in Northborough!
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Shrewsbury?
Be aware that prices could stall here. Or not. But with prices at multi-year highs, many people who couldn't sell two years ago can sell today. With prices up $30/ sq foot in two years, a 1200 sq foot home has increased by $36,000! A 2000 sq foot home has increase by $60,000. You get the idea - it's a lot.
Shrewsbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Shrewsbury‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 157 Last Report: 117
- There are 113 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 222 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 133 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 36 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 157 days of theShrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $197 (vs. $192 )
- Current sellers are looking for 214 $/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $464,967 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury,MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts