The Northbridge Homes For Sale Market Report
The market in Northbridge is always a bit difficult to discern becuase there's so much new construction going on. Transactions are higher than reported, prices may be higher than shown, and certainly pressure on prices is at least a bit more.
Prices seem to have stalled, but the large
number of new construction closings maybe muddling the dataset.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Having said that, home sellers have modest expectations of price appreciation, and that's probably because there are still a lot of homes for sale, but those numbers are shrinking, just like every where else. If the builders start getting backlogs, they're going to move prices up - and the rest of Northbridge will follow.
What should active home buyers do in Northbridge ?
Home buyers will find some prices ranges with many options, but others are quite thin. The resale market doesn't have a lot of choices. Homes could move quicker than expected outside of those more crowded price range.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Northbridge ?
Home sellers need to look at their micro market carefully - they could have move room to run in certain areas. Still - the new construction puts a cap on how far re-sales can run, and the market, while getting tighter - is still not tight enough for the bounce that we've seen in other towns.
Despite the active building in Northbridge, the active
listings continue to decline.
Northbridge Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Northbridge “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 114 Last Report:132
- There are 50 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 103 houses sold, and 53 homes sold in the last 3 months in Northbridge.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 86 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 183 days of the Northbridge homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $159 (163 vs. in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 169 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $363,338 .
- Northbridge , MA, has 4 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs