The Northbridge Homes For Sale Market Report
Northbridge is another town hitting all time market highs here on the blog. Prices have pulled back a bit, but the HSI has hit a new record. Remember, Northbridges reports are muddled by new construction. There are many more sales than get passed through MLS, and many listings stay on market longer than they should while the house is being built. What is clear, is that the new construction is moving faster, and the wait times are probably picking up for most home buyers. That has pushed existing inventory along, so the market has improved.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Northbridge?
Evaluate all new construction carefully! Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's a good deal. Be smart, and review your options carefully. Outside of that, prices remain good for home buyers in Northbridge, as the market has been held back a bit by the new construction. It's not a home buyers paradise, but you have choices.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Northbridge?
Things continue to improve for you; if the trends hold, we could see a substantial rise in prices in Northbridge next year, as the new construction backlogs deepen - as I think they will. A burst of new inventory may slow that down, but things are improving steadily.
Northbridge Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Northbridge's “Home Seller Index” (HSI):119 Last Report:91
- There are 63 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 88 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 81 homes sold in the last 3 months in Northbridge.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 67 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 168 days of the Northbridge homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $158 (vs. $165 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 165 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $326,256 for sold homes.
- Northbridge, MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 3 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- There are big differences between gunite pools and liner pools. Here’s a quick summary.
- How can I tell if a basement gets water in my potential home purchase?.
- Summary Charts for pricing and Real Estate Activity for Metrowest Homes
- Idea book for Bookcase and Shelving Storage
- How do Home Property Assessments Relate to Real Estate prices? Should I use them for a valuation?
- What is a home or property municipal betterment?
- How Serious is Moss or Lichen on my Roof shingles?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.