The Natick Homes For Sale Market Report
If I told you that Natick home sale transactions were down by over 40% in Natick, would that tell you that the market was better for sellers, or worse?
If you said you can't tell from that stat, you're right.
In this case, you can't sell what isn't there. The reason home sales are down - sharply - is there's nothing to buy. Here on the blog, we look closely at the RATIO of purchases vs. the available inventory. The tighter things get, usually we see the buyers slow down, proportionally. But that's not what we see here:
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The buyers have continued to push and purchase, despite the dwindling options. How tight is the inventory? Well Southborough, a small town about 1/4 the size of Natick, has MORE houses on the market at this point. That's just nuts. The previous record was 25, and I didn't think that would be beat. But it has.
What should active home buyers do in Natick?
Well, you'll have to wait for the sellers to get out there. Be aware, there are PLENTY of buyers who have been waiting, same as you. When the new stuff comes on, expect the good stuff to go quickly, circa 2013. The good stuff is all gone in Natick, as current sellers are asking below market prices, but still not selling, showing buyers don't think the existing inventory is worth yesterday's prices.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Natick?
No time like the present! This is a great time to take advantage of the lack of homes for sale to get a premium for you house. Of course, if your plan is to sell then buy in Natick, well, that's a problem. (Want a good strategy? Ask!). Selling=Easy. Buying=Hard. Can't get more straightforward than that.
Natick Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Natick‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):284 Last Report: 188
- There are 23 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 157 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 86 homes sold in the last 3 months in Natick.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 40 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 120 days of the Natick homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $272 (vs. $268 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 272 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $585,039 for sold homes.
- Natick,MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.