The Millis Homes For Sale Market Report
Millis looks good for homes sellers, and home buyers haven't been too unhappy. The reason I know? 86 home transactions, in a town that averages much closer to 45, shows that everyone is in good agreement on prices.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Those transactions have had an effect though - on home sellers! They have gotten very, very optimistic, with current ask prices 10% above recent sales. That's a big gap!
What should active home buyers do in Millis?
Home buyers should be cautious - very little is priced at market, and may look like good value against competitive homes, but really isn't. The values have almost all sold.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Millis?
Home sellers can probably do well in this market - by pricing under the actives - but above the past sales - you can look like a value, and get a premium.
Millis Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Millis‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 180 Last Report: 151
- There are 26 homes listed as For Sale.
Homes are still coming on, but buyers
aren't chasing prices in many places.
- There have been 86 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 50 homes sold in the last 3 months in Millis.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 47 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 72 days of the Millis homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 195 (vs. 193 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $227 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $417,880 for sold homes.
- Millis, MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs