The Milford Homes For Sale Market Report
Checking in on the housing market in Milford, we're presented with this odd chart:
Prices in Milford are a little strange, with asking prices below
recent sale prices.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What gives? It's been three reports in a row where the sale prices have been higher than the asking prices. How can that happen? Well, it's because the homes that are currently on the market - and not selling - have the greatest issues, and have to be marked down far below the average sale in town. Usually, the ratio of "lots of issues" homes to "average to only a few issue" homes favors the nicer homes, so it doesn't bring down the average. But there's clearly a few distressed homes in Milford that are working on the number.
What should active home buyers do in Milford ?
Recognize that with two reports in a row above 200, prices in Milford are under pressure. That means well priced homes in good condition are selling fast - really fast. In fact, the average home sale is in just 40 days - so many homes are selling in the first couple. Home buyers need to know the market, and know Value, so they can act when they see something.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Milford ?
Home sellers look to be set up for an easy spring. With inventory near all time lows, and buying pressure well established, there are plenty of anxious home buyers looking for your home. Be ready to move by getting your home in top shape to make the buyers move quickly - and a competitive situation may be headed your way.
Milford Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Milford “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 206 Last Report: 204
- There are 40 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 160 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 89 homes sold in the last 3 months in Milford.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 40 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 109 days of the Milford homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 167 (vs. 167 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 162 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $307,628 for sold homes.
- Milford , MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts