The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
Medfield buyers grow impatient, and move their prices up to meet the market. Home sellers helped too, by cutting prices until they were in reach. Unlike some other markets, the current inventory - what little there is - is priced pretty close to market. I expect that new sellers will probably reach a little more, but buyers have already moved up - it's not clear how much more they will move.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Medfield ?
Home buyers should realize that properties are scare, and buyers are pushing prices up. What seemed like a reasonable value six months ago is now going to sell quickly, as the market has moved up. Well priced properties are going to attract a lot of attention - and move quickly.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Medfield ?
Home sellers should be happy to see the HSI is at an all time high for Medfield. Demand is very strong, and homes in good condition will get lots of attention, and sell quickly.
Medfield Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Medfield “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 193 Last Report: 154
- There are 22 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 90 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 51 homes sold in the last 3 months in Medfield.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 51 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 182 days of the Medfield homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $276 (vs. 262 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 277 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $677,576 for sold homes.
- Medfield , MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I be pre-approved or pre-qualified for a home before I start looking seriously?
- What should I know about forced hot water heating systems in a home?
- Investors need to be smart about avoiding capital gains - here’s some tips to do that.
- TRID is here. What is it and what do I need to know?
- Updated summary report on the most expensive towns in Metrowest.
- Cleaning up? Here’s a cool list to stay organized all year long!
- How Do I buy a short sale house that is still owned by the seller?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.