The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
This is a very much a "steady as she goes" home sales report for Medfield, Ma. Home for sale are up a little, but the spring was productive. There's no real sign that prices are going South, but probably not enough pressure to have them move up significantly. The number of homes for sale remain under 50 though, and homes are selling quickly, showing a competitive market for buyers.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Medfield?
Be aware of your budget! Like many towns, Medfield has most of its inventory in the upper ranges, and the homes under 700K move very, very quickly.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Medfield?
Similarly, home sellers should be aware that if you are selling into the top end of the market, there's a lot more competition, and pricing is more important. Homes can get stale even if they are luxury homes, if they sit too long, and then you'll get less. 5% less is manageable if you you're selling a home at $350,000. At 1.35 Million, that same 5% is $27,000. Ouch. Also, recognize that luxury buyers are on-line! If you don't have the pictures and information they need, they won't come - they are busy, goal focused individuals. Check out our integrated listings!
Medfield Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Medfield's “Home Seller Index” (HSI):154 Last Report:153
- There are 48 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 121 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 78 homes sold in the last 3 months in Medfield.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 51 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 95 days of the Medfield homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $262 (vs. $260 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 285 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $717,409 for sold homes.
- Medfield, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I buy a home that has well water and not city or town water?
- How can I tell if a basement gets water in my potential home purchase?.
- Southborough MA town page and information
- Thinking of being a landlord for investment? Here’s some quick tips.
- How do Home Property Assessments Relate to Real Estate prices? Should I use them for a valuation?
- Landlords: How to prepare for a new tenant
- How Serious is Moss or Lichen on my Roof shingles?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.