The Medfield Homes For Sale Market Report
Medfield checks in with a little - very little - softening. Let's see.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Inventory is up, slightly, and time on market isn't crazy at 57 days - brisk, but not frenetic. Prices are holding steady, but not increasing. Sellers though, are quite optimistic, showing a big jump in asking prices.
What should active home buyers do in Medfield?
Home buyers need to be cautious as home sellers are actively "stretching" prices. Some homes will be worth the stretch. Others will not. Both kinds may sell - but if you're going to chase a home, make it a good one worth the stretch.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Medfield?
Home sellers see a strong market. If you have a luxury home (1M+) this could be the time to get out there, while rates remain low. Next year things could be different. There still seems to be plenty of demand, so anytime in the next year or so should be fine, sub luxury, as Medfield sees much stronger demand sub 800K.
Medfield Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Medfield‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 153 Last Report: 162
- There are 44 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 107 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 79 homes sold in the last 3 months in Medfield.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 54 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 95 days of the Medfield homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $260 (vs. $259 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 289 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $683,713 for sold homes.
- Medfield,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.