The Hudson Homes For Sale Market Report
Hudson has a very interesting report. The overriding factor is the limited number of homes for sale - the lowest ever - which has been continuing the trendline started in May of 2012. But there are some other interesting aspects.
Asking prices are well above past sale prices at the moment,
after a sharp turnaround from the last report.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Despite the low number of home for sale, sellers were at attractive prices. The remaining homes, on average, are way ahead of the sale prices, showing a limit to the buyers enthusiasm for all things Hudson. Part of their aggressiveness on price is their newness - with only 60 days of market time on average, most of the current homes for sale are quite new to the market.
What should active home buyers do in Hudson ?
Buyers should recognize that most homes in Hudson - if you can find one you like - are probably priced too far ahead of the current sale pace. As inventory comes on, prices will probably moderate, and for sure, choices will multiply. But be warned: There will be a backlog of buyers when things start coming on, and good listings will have lots of attention.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Hudson ?
Home sellers should be thinking about listing sooner - rather than later - in a market that is as tight as it's ever been. Prices are near their high, and with demand building, now could be a great time for quick sale at top dollar.
The number of homes for sale continues to fall,
putting pressure on prices.
Hudson Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Hudson “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 237 Last Report: 231
- There are 22 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 112 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 56 homes sold in the last 3 months in Hudson.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 40 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 61 days of the Hudson homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 183 (vs. 190 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 204 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $336,529 for sold homes.
- Hudson , MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts