The Hudson Homes For Sale Market Report
Hudson sets a record for home sale strength, and Sellers rejoice! Hudson had a terrific spring. Buyers saw value and sellers raised prices, so everybody was pretty happy.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The red line says it all. Note also that the number of homes for sale is near the low. But there are some odd things in this report, when we look at the price data (see chart below). Home sales prices look really strong, moving up over 5% in just one report cycle, but the homes for sale are actually WAY LOWER. Why is that? Well home buyers are sending a clear signal in Hudson: We won't do lots of work. If the home needs lots of work, buyers are walking right out that door. Homes that need minimal work, however, are fetching record prices, and getting in bid wars.
What should active home buyers do in Hudson?
Are you a contractor? There's great value in Hudson, and an opportunity to build sweat equity if you find the right gem. If you're looking to do very little work, expect a competitive home buying environment. Don't wait to go see a new listed property - it'll be gone when you get there.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Hudson?
Home sellers should do what they can to improve the property. The less work your home needs, the better you're going to do. With a $20+ difference a square foot, a 1500 sq foot property is getting an extra 30K-50K in price for getting closer to that "move-in" condition. Serious dough!
Hudson Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Hudson‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 231 Last Report: 189
- There are 28 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 130 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 84 homes sold in the last 3 months in Hudson.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 38 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 101 days of the Hudson homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 190 (vs. $178 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 171 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $347,359 for sold homes.
- Hudson, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs