The Holliston Homes For Sale Market Report
Holliston is continuing the trend where buyers are retrenching. Even though it's May, we can't see what activity April might have had on prices. One would think things have stablized, but this is an odd pattern for spring, and we're seeing a lot of it:
Home Buyers are being patient, and demanding price cuts. Will it last through June?
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Holliston?
Home buyers should recognize that values are already below last year - and should be aggressive in scooping them up, before prices recover. Inventory has gotten better - it's not great, the number of homes for sale is still thin - but it's better than it was six weeks ago, that's for sure. That may not last - and it typically doesn't.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Holliston?
This is more difficult - but reaching too high for a price has been a bad strategy this year. Too many overpriced properties means you'll be cutting prices with the pack. Better to sell quick, than get caught up in the wave of stale inventory that many people will find themselves in June.
Holliston Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Holliston “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 166 Last Report: 181
- There are 47 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 143 houses sold, and 101 homes sold in the last 3 months in Holliston.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 57 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 102 days of the Holliston homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $207 (vs. $218 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $215 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $488,813 .
- Holliston, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I be pre-approved or pre-qualified for a home before I start looking seriously?
- How do interest rates affect the number of homes for sale and home prices?
- A final checklist before closing on your new home.
- Top 10 things people should know about Title Insurance.
- Updated summary report on the fastest moving towns in Metrowest.
- Cleaning up? Here’s a cool list to stay organized all year long!
- How Do I buy a short sale house that is still owned by the seller?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.