The Holliston Homes For Sale Market Report
In the last report, we noted that inventories were tight, and if we didn't have more home sellers, home buyers would push prices up. That is what we saw in Holliston, but the prices weren't up much. Inventory (the number of homes for sale) is up in this report - but it's still lower than last year at this time. Prices should stay firm in Holliston, which is still a good value!
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Holliston?
Be picky - but not too picky. There are good prices in Holliston, but things are pretty balanced, you won't be able to drive many hard bargains without taking on a fair amount of risk.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Holliston?
Prices keep climbing! If the last time you checked, you didn't like the price on your home, it's time to check again - you'll be surprised what a couple of good years can do to prices!
Home Sellers have cut prices to get closer to where the buyers are at - home buyers have raised
their bids too, though, to close the gap.
Holliston Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Holliston‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 163 Last Report: 150
- There are 50 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 141 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 111 homes sold in the last 3 months in Holliston.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 56 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 119 days of the Holliston homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $216 (vs. 211 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 220 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $525,400 for sold homes.
- Holliston , MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 3 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I buy a home that has well water and not city or town water?
- How can I tell if a basement gets water in my potential home purchase?.
- Southborough MA town page and information
- Thinking of being a landlord for investment? Here’s some quick tips.
- How do Home Property Assessments Relate to Real Estate prices? Should I use them for a valuation?
- Landlords: How to prepare for a new tenant
- How Serious is Moss or Lichen on my Roof shingles?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.