The Grafton Homes For Sale Market Report
Grafton looks to expand on a new trend we've been seeing, and also has some mystery too - a fall in prices where there shouldn't be one. Let's see!
The HSI continues to climb, and inventories are headed down,
indicating that prices rises are near.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Overall, things look rosy for home sellers - the market is getting busy at the right time. Buyers aren't complaining, as sales volume is picking up nicely. The new trend that I'm seeing is that the last 3 months have been much, much busier than the previous three months. And really, we're talking about the last two months, because we know February was a dud. In Grafton, 91 of the last 125 homes have sold in the last 8 weeks or so, and that's a bunch.
They mystery is there's an apparent fall in prices paid. Note though, that the seller's asking prices have not fallen, so this is likely a result of some distressed inventory moving off the market, as investors start fixing and flipping the more risky properties.
What should active home buyers do in Grafton?
Things are busy - the most desirable homes are selling very quickly - a week or less. Those that need work or have less than popular locations are hanging around, and there are still some values, but they are moving fast.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Grafton?
Prices seem firm. When I look at the data though, there's still not a ton of pressure yet. Inventory is falling, and when it falls low enough, prices will spike. That spike is coming, but I'm not sure it's here yet.
Seller's aren't asking any more, but buyers have been
driving harder deals in this report.
Grafton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Grafton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):122 Last Report: 113
- There are 73 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 125 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 91 homes sold in the last 3 months in Grafton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 63 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 248 days of the Grafton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $163 (vs. $175 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 185 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $359,068 for sold homes.
- Grafton,MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 4 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs
- Matt Heisler Home Purchase Guarantee